Relax and soak up the sun at Aulani! There is an abundance of things to do at Aulani Resort & Spa that you should leave feeling refreshed and entertained. If you are wanting to explore the beautiful islands of Hawaii I suggest these top Hawaii Tours and Adventures.
Best Hawaii Sightseeing Tours to Do While at Aulani Resort
You will find lots of variety in Hawaii. From laid back sightseeing, historical sights, and breathtaking adventures, there is something for everyone in Hawaii.
To book any of these experiences, you visit the concierge desk at the resort to get any excursions set up. These experiences are not included in the price of your Aulani package. Be sure to budget extra money for these must-dos!
Tour Pearl Harbor
Tour Pearl Harbor and learn all about the history that took place there. You can honor those who lost their lives, check out the museum, or even get on the USS Missouri Battleship. Lots to see and do here.
The tour includes a buffet lunch of locally grown green salad with papaya seed dressing, fresh pineapple, white rice, local-style chopped steak, pineapple-guava teriyaki glazed meatballs, and a vegetable stir fry. Assorted tropical juices, passion iced tea, and Starbucks coffee and tea are also included.
Blue Skies of O’ahu Tour
Your heart is sure to skip a beat as you see the island from a helicopter. The scenery is mind-blowing and unforgettable. You’ll see rainforests, beaches, coral reefs, a volcano, and so much more. The tour lasts approximately 45 minutes.
Five Star Circle Island Tour
You will have a guide to navigate you through the famous Hawaiian beaches, Tropical Macadamia Nut Farm, take a ride on the Pineapple Express, or all the other things that this tour offers. Imagine eating a Dole Whip is such a tropical location! Don’t forget your camera on this adventure!
Five Star Circle Island Tour’s delicious lunch features a choice of kālua pork sliders, mahi-mahi sandwich, coconut shrimp, Hawaiian-style salad or ‘aina special vegetarian sandwich. Kids can enjoy cheese quesadilla, flatbread cheese pizza, golden chicken nuggets or a keiki (kids) cheeseburger. Gluten-free options are also available.
If you love to rock climb, check out volcanoes, or go hiking, this is the adventure for you. Plus, you even get to have a picnic featuring island-style smoothies and lots of yummy fresh-cut pineapple.
You get to reach the summit of the iconic crater Diamond Head, which offers a panoramic view of Honolulu including Waikiki and O’ahu’s South Shore.
Important information for the Honolulu Height Tour. Guests on this tour should have no physical challenges. They need to be able to hike up steep, paved walkways and numerous stairs with an elevation gain of 700 feet (213 meters) in 0.80 miles (1,287 kilometers). The hike up Diamond Head is 1.6 miles (2,575 kilometers), with an elevation gain of 700 feet (213 meters). This is a moderate-level hike that includes paved surfaces, steep stairs and short sections of enclosed tunnels.
Majestic Circle Island Tour
Enjoy the breathtaking views while checking out many of the things the island has to offer. Be sure to check out Hanauma Bay to view marine life. You really need to see the Nu‘uanu Pali Lookout too. There are a plethora of things to see!
One-Day Kaua‘i – Hawai‘i Movie Tours
Are you a movie buff? If so, you aren’t going to want to miss this tour. Gilligan’s Island, Pirates of the Caribbean, Castaway Cowboy, The Amazing Race, and Lilo & Stitch are just a few of the movies and shows that were inspired by Hawaii or took place there. Your tour will be jam packed!
Here is what is included:
- Take an included, 25-minute inter-island flight from Honolulu International Airport to Lihue Airport. Transfer to an air-conditioned mini-coach, on your way to 6 magical hours of movie and television locations.
- Start with Wailua Falls and its gorgeous, rain-soaked vegetation. This tributary to historic Wailua River has been a location for television’s Fantasy Island, Dragonfly, Castaway Cowboy and The Amazing Race, as well as the movie comedy Tropic Thunder.
- Next, head to Coco Palms where you’ll enjoy an exclusive visit to the site of Elvis Presley’s film Blue Hawaii, as well as Fantasy Island and Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Proceed to Opaeka‘a Falls Lookout, which was featured prominently in the comedy, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN and the campy war drama, Seven Women from Hell. This 151-foot cascade can also be seen in Donovan’s Reef.
- Drive on to Kaua’i Sands Beach, Kapa’a Town where you’ll see locations from the iconic film Jurassic Park.
- Nearby Aliomanu is the setting for Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island.
- Visit Moloa’a Beach, which classic sitcom fans will recognize as the uncharted beach in the credits of Gilligan’s Island. It also appears in Castaway Cowboy.
- End your tour with a visit to Kilauea Lighthouse Overlook, which served as the inspiration for Disney’s animated film Lilo & Stitch.
This is a pricey tour (starts at $499.55) but one that is a must-do for hardcore Disney fans!
O‘ahu to Maui – Haleakalā, Iao Valley, Lāhainā One-Day Tour
It’s impossible to be bored on this tour! You can see an actual volcano that is dormant, take a peek in a historic church, or head out on a mini-coach to take a tour of the Haleakalā National Park.
So, which tours are you planning on doing during your Aulani resort vacation? Let me know in the comments below.