Hello! My name is April Hammond, a concierge travel planner with Favorite Grampy Travels, and I live in Auburndale, Florida. I am a plus-size, fat-positive traveler that believes Adventure is Out There, let’s go find it! A person’s size and/or disability shouldn’t stop them from having memorable family vacations. I am here to help you make your travel dreams possible.
Disney and cruising are my passion! My first Disney World vacation was a short trip gifted to me because I was a foster kid. I immediately fell in love with the magic of Disney. That trip changed my life. I wanted a happily ever after type of life and Disney helped me believe it was possible. After college, I moved from Michigan to Florida to live out my happily ever after with my own prince who shares my zest for adventure!
My goal as your concierge travel planner is to meet your vacation needs and take away any fears and vacation planning stress you may have. If you are nervous about a destination being plus-size friendly I can share my experience and what you may expect. My experience as a teacher and being a planner by nature allow me to curate the perfect dream vacation for YOUR whole family. I can help with as little or as much of the vacation planning process as you would like.
Services When You Receive When You Book With Me:
- Craft the perfect Disney Vacation Package for your family’s unique needs
- Walk you through the My Disney Experience app
- Link tickets, hotels, and Magic Bands to your My Disney Experience account
- Make dining suggestions from my vast personal experience
- Mail park maps
- Go over allergy and dietary needs, notifying Disney ahead of time with the proper paperwork
- Coordinate ways to make celebrations extra special (Birthday, Anniversary, Graduation, Personal Triumph, Date Nights)
- Maximize your time having fun with efficient touring plans
- Make any modifications as needed
- Easily process payments with a click/set up payment plans
- Wait on hold with Disneyland/Disney World/Universal so you never have to
- Answer all your questions, no matter how small
- Take care of IT issues
- Set up stroller/crib/wheelchair/medical rentals
- Book transportation excluding airfare
- Book excursions and tours
- Monitor Park Pass reservations
- Provide info & tips on Rider Swap
- Make and submit building/room requests
- Up before the sun to grab dining/lightsaber/droid reservations
- Watch for and apply discounts that in turn actually lowers any commission
- Create beautiful itineraries
- Keep you in the know of all Covid policies and procedures
- On-call 24/7 for any emergencies
- Explain Disney’s New Genie, Genie+, and Lightning Lane Service
- Remove all the stress of planning and sprinkle in some pixie dust wherever possible
…..and so much more!