Experience a vacation within a vacation because everything you need in order to relax is right at your fingertips. When staying at Cabana Bay, you don’t have to venture far in order to experience all that Universal Orlando has to offer. The resort is retro, fun, playful, and relaxing!
Cabana Bay resort is part of Universal’s 2nd tier of resorts. It is labeled a Prime Value and is in the same category as Universal’s Aventura Hotel. There is just one downside to staying at Cabana Bay and that is the fact that Unlimited Express Passes are NOT included with your stay. If Express Passes are not a priority for you, then this resort is a fantastic choice!
Standard rooms sleep 4 guests. The decor is fun and has a great retro feel.
- 300 square foot rooms offer plenty of space.
- Flat-screen television
- Mini Fridge
- Coffee maker
- Poolside rooms, Volcano view rooms, and Standard rooms
- Two comfy queen-sized beds
If you have a larger family or group, the suites are a perfect solution! These rooms sleep six. The great thing about these rooms is the kitchenette section which has a small sink and microwave.
My favorite part of the suite is the bathroom setup! The bathroom is configured so more people can get ready at once. There are 3 separate areas. One room has a tub and a vanity, the center is a hallway vanity, and then a toilet room. This is great for larger families and traveling groups.
- 430 square foot rooms
- Two queen beds + pull out sofa
- Privacy partition
- Mini fridge
- 2 Flat Screen televisions
Things To Do
This Orlando hotel will be a hit for families traveling with kids. The resort includes several impressive features geared towards kids like character visits, two pools, cabanas, and plenty of poolside activities. Plus, they have a Galaxy bowl with a table service restaurant for easy food!
Plus, there are shopping opportunities, an arcade with lots of games that will leave you smiling, and a fitness studio so you can even fit in your daily workout.
Cabana Bay Dining Options
This place is downright groovy and a must-stop for a quick meal. They feature breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a grab-and-go fashion. They have everything from burgers to salads, and desserts.
This bar and grill is the perfect stop to cool off and enjoy a refreshing drink. They have a variety of beer, mixed drinks, wine, and popular cocktails. Plus, several non-alcoholic drinks as well. In addition to drinks, they also have a menu with fresh foods such as wraps, salads, and sandwiches.
The Hideaway Bar & Grill
Located near the lazy river, stop into The Hideaway Bar & Grill to grab a quick snack, lunch, and dinner. They have lots of tasty drinks to keep you cooled off too.
This lounge is the ideal place to kick back, relax and enjoy some adult drinks. Its playful environment invites you to sip on delicious cocktails, devour some snacks, and enjoy a few laughs with friends.
Enjoy the comforts of pizza delivered right to you! They have insanely delicious, drool-worthy pizza pies that are loaded with your favorite toppings. They will deliver your hot pizza right to your room or to the pool or cabana area. They also have desserts and salads too.
At Cabana Bay, you have 3 complimentary transportation options to the parks. One is the shuttle bus. During peak times (park opening and closing) the shuttle buses come about every 5 minutes. The other option is a quick walk. There are plenty of walking trails to the parks and Universal CityWalk.
Benefits of Staying At Universal’s Cabana Bay Resort
Wizarding World of Harry Potter
If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will appreciate the fact that with your stay you will get early admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! You can be admitted up to 1 hour before the park opens. How cool is that!?!?
Young visitors will love seeing their favorite characters come to life at the resort! On Friday nights in the lobby, you will surprise visits from all sorts of characters from the theme parks.
Love to shop, but hate carrying your purchases from place to place? Well, you are in luck because at select shops, you can make your purchases and they will deliver your items to your hotel. The best part? This is a FREE service!
Cabana Bay Resort Tips
- This is the best resort to stay at if you are visiting Volcano Bay. It is just a short walk over to the water park.
- Get the Refillable Resort Cup. If you are staying more than 1-2 nights I would definitely get the refillable resort cup. You can get refills from the Freestyle Coca-Cola machine your entire stay!
- Plan a Resort & Rest Day. This is one resort that has so many fun activities you will miss if you are in the parks all day, every day of your Universal vacation.
- Pack Extra Socks. If you are planning to go bowling you will need socks. They have some you can buy. but it is just cheaper to bring them from home.
- Pool View is the Best Room Location. This section is close to the pool, shuttle, and lobby.
- Wind Down the Night with S’mores Around a Fire. If you are not ready for the fun to end after the parks close, gather up your family and friends and enjoy some time around the fire pit roasting s’mores and talking about all the fun you had or are going to have the next day!
- Want to Get Some Extra Steps In? Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk are all within walking distance.
Cabana Bay is an excellent option for those who are looking for a more affordable stay but still want access to some nice resort amenities and activities. There are plenty of fun activities that take place in Cabana Bay throughout each day, so guests won’t have a hard time entertaining themselves. With spectacular views and even better accommodations, it’s easy to see why many have taken an interest in booking reservations at Universal Orlando’s Cabana Bay Resort.