Going to amusement parks as a plus-size person can be scary. Am I going to fit in the rides? Am I going to have to walk the walk of shame as I am escorted off a ride? Are other guests or even maybe employees going to make rude comments as I position myself in rides or get out of them? These are all questions I know I have as I go to a theme park. Great news! Disney is very plus-size-friendly! Here is my Plus Size Guide to Epcot.
Plus Size Guide to Epcot
I am plus size, I like to refer to myself as a plus-sized princess. Many Disney fans call themselves Pooh-sized, though I love Pooh bear I think I am a princess. For size comparison, I am a size 24-26 depending on clothing manufacturers. Most of my weight is tummy-based. I am also tall at 5’11”.
Please know that all Disney Cast Members will not put you down or make you feel bad. Cast members are there to help you be comfortable in any Disney ride. I have never been given dirty looks or been laughed by cast members.
Epcot Future World Ride Comfort Guide
- Spaceship Earth – Leg room is a little tight. My husband (who is also Pooh sized) and I do fit in one ride vehicle, but when it is super hot outside prefer out own ride cars.
- Mission: Space – Individual seats with shoulder bar that drops down. I had enough room in the seat. My only problem is the enclosed space does not allow me hit the “control” buttons with the correct hands. My arms are crossed. I still do my “job” though.
- Test Track – Tight fit. Had a little trouble with getting seatbelt buckled since I couldn’t see it. Next time I know to have my hubby give me some more assistance with that. Leg room was a little tight. I rode in the back seat. I have heard there is a little more room in the front.
- Journey in Imagination with Figment – Bench seat. Lots of leg room.
- Living with the Land – Boat ride with bench seats. Leg room a little tight for this tall girl, but not uncomfortable.
- Soarin’ Around the World – Seat was comfy. The first couple times I needed hubby’s help to get seat belt buckled. Make sure to pull seatbelt out before sitting then buckle.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends – Clam shell sits 2-4 people. Comfy and lots of leg room, especially for the center sitting person.
- Turtle Talk with Crush – Bench seating. Bench seats are lower in the front and higher in the back.
Epcot World Showcase Ride Comfort Guide
General Epcot Plus Size Comfort Tips
- Epcot has lots of walking. Start “training” for your Disney vacation a couple weeks ahead of time, this will help prepare you.
- Explore Future World and then proceed to the World Showcase. This will limit back and forth walking.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Take breaks when needed.
- Tell a Cast Member if you think you will need more seating space.
- Stay hydrated. All quick service restaurants give you free ice water. Remember, us plus size guests need more water than regular size people.
- Don’t let anyone else ruin your happiness at the happiest place on Earth. Some people are just rude and mean and you can’t help that. Be fabulous, be you!
If you are plus-sized what is your experience at Epcot?