The most delicious meal I had aboard the Disney Magic was my brunch at Palo. My Palo brunch review includes how to book, my favorite dishes, the fantastic service, and tips for dining at this amazing adults-only Italian-themed dining location.
Palo on the Disney Magic
Named after the signature long poles used by gondoliers in Venice, Palo serves an adult-exclusive restaurant serving Italian fare in an intimate setting amid stunning seaside views. You can find Palo on the Disney Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy.
Palo is not included in the normal rotational dining and is an additional charge, it is well worth the extra cost. I also didn’t think the $45 extra cost for brunch was very much as you do get unlimited food and even one complimentary mimosa.
Palo Brunch Review
Palo is absolutely gorgeous! The atmosphere is romantic, and cozy, and has a wonderful view of the ocean from your seat.
My server greeted me and explained how the meal progresses. First, they bring you a drink of your choice. I choose a Mimosa since it was included in the price.
Then they brought out a bread basket and some olive oil/balsamic vinegar dip. The bread on the far left is this delicious vegetable bread. It has onion and sundried tomatoes in it. The bread in the front next to that had garlic and onion. Those were my favorites. I didn’t even touch the “normal” looking bread as I wanted to experience things that were offered in the other dining rooms. The sesame stick crackers were delicious too!
The next course is the antipasto platter. There are two options, I chose the meat and cheese option. This was so good, I ate everything but the olives and pickles as I am not fond of those. My server did describe all the cheeses and meats but I honestly don’t remember what the meats were. The cheeses are goat cheese and parmesan
The next course is breakfast. Now I am a huge breakfast lover and also love eggs so I tasted several of the egg dishes. I tried the eggs benedict, eggs florentine, and the frittata. I only ate a little bit of the frittata since it pretty much tasted like an omelet. It was good but I knew I had more to try. By the time I was done, I was a bit full but I had 3 more courses to go still!
The next course was items from their pizza stone oven. I chose a goat cheese and sun-dried tomato flatbread. It was so rich and the goat cheese gives it a nice saltiness. I just ate 2 slices and wished they gave out doggy bags because that would have made some nice leftovers.
For my main course, I chose the veal saltimbocca. The meat was so tender and flavorful. The sauce was smooth and had just the right amount of saltiness. Even though I loved it I could only eat a couple of bites.
Yes, sad to say we are nearing the end of the meal. Finally, the time had come for dessert. Now I am not a total sweets person but I did try one dessert, the tiramisu. It was a great ending to a great meal.
The service was very attentive and wonderful. I would 1000% do this meal again!!
Consider planning and booking your next Walt Disney World vacation with a Concierge Vacation Planner like Favorite Grampy’s Travels. I’ll take away the stress of planning a Disney vacation and help you get the best price! Click Here to Get a no-obligation consultation now.
Palo Brunch Tips
- Reserve Early. If you are wanting this dining experience, make reservations as soon as your booking window opens.
- Choose Brunch on a Shorter Cruise. My cruise was just 4 nights so I decided to do brunch rather than give up one of my rotational dinners since I wanted to experience all of those, especially Animator’s Palate.
- Book Onboard. I was not able to score a reservation prior to me boarding the ship. On embarkment day, the manager of Palo was in one of the lounges and I put my name on the waiting list. The next day I was called and a spot opened up for the day at sea.
- Dress to Impress. While there is a dress code, it is not super strict but I think dressing up makes the experience so much more romantic. Disney recommends dress pants or slacks and a collared shirt for men, and a dress, skirt or pants, and a blouse for women.
- Great Time for a Special Moment like an Engagement or Anniversary. This restaurant is kid-free and so quiet.
I hope you have enjoyed my Palo brunch review. Have you ever dined at Palo? What was your experience like? Will you be adding this to your list of Disney Cruise must-dos? Let me know in the comments.
Friday 9th of December 2022
Great review. Just had the brunch on the Dream! Was fantastic!