Walt Disney World Vacations create magical, lifelong memories and you will want to have lots of pictures to look back on to remember them. Here is everything you need to know about the Disney Memory Maker, what it is, how much it costs, and tips for getting the most out of it.
What is the Disney Memory Maker?
The Disney Memory Maker is an application where you get free access to all of the Disney photos taken by Disney World. These photos include ride photos and videos, Character dining photos, Magic Shots, and pictures taken by Disney Photopass photographers on Disney property.
Memory Maker gives you access to unlimited photo downloads. You can also choose special borders and stickers to personalize your photos.
How Does Memory Maker Work?
Whenever you see a Disney Photopass Photographer simply get your picture taken. Then have them scan your Magic Band or ticket, then your photos will show up on your My Disney Experience App within hours. Most of the time they will show up within minutes.
From the app or the My Disney Experience website, you can share photos to your social media or download them to print at your own convenience anywhere you choose.
Make sure to download all your photos before they expire. Photos expire 45 days after they are taken unless you are a Disney passholder with memory maker benefits. Passholder photos tend to be available for one year.
How Much is Disney World’s Memory Maker?
The Disney Memory Maker is $169.00 if purchased at least 3 days ahead of your vacation. It is $199.00 without an advanced purchase. This price includes all the photos of anyone in your party and anyone you are connected to on the My Disney Experience App.
For example, if you are a family of three and are traveling along with another family of five, only one Disney Memory Maker needs to be purchased.
Reasons to Add Disney’s Memory Maker to Your Disney Vacation Package
Everyone is in the Picture
With Memory Maker, everyone can get in the picture. Usually, Mom or Dad is the photographer and they are always missing from the photo. Remember, selfie sticks are not permitted in the park.
Nighttime Pictures Come Out Perfect
I remember trying to capture a picture of myself in front of the castle at night. It is hard to do unless you have the right camera and equipment. Disney Photopass Photographers have the right camera and equipment to get wonderful nighttime shots.
Magic Shots are where Disney adds a little bit of magic to your shots. Like a Tinker Bell in your hands, a Banshee flying in the sky, or your loved one floating away with Up balloons. Most of the time you do not need to ask for these, the photographer automatically has you pose for one. If they don’t, you are more than welcome to ask for added magic.
Since ride pictures are included every face made on Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Slinky Dog Dash, and more can be part of your memories forever.
Disney Memory Maker Tips
- Buy Memory Maker in advance to save. The Disney Memory Maker is $169.00 if purchased at least 3 days ahead of your vacation. It is $199.00 without an advanced purchase.
- Don’t feel rushed. Get any many photos as you wish during your turn. Do different configurations of group shots and singles.
- Nicely Ask the Photopass Photographers to Get Creative. Most photographers love hearing this! They will get some awesome shots, especially if they don’t have a line a mile long!
- Special Moment? Give the photographer a heads up if you plan to propose, give a special gift, or whatever your special moment may be. You can also do a gender reveal or birth announcement.
- Photos Missing? Call the support line at 407-560-4300. I had to call it once and the Cast Member was so helpful in trying to find my missing photos. Try to remember the time of day and location the pictures were taken. Also what someone in your party was wearing.
- Smile and Make Memories!