Disney Springs, the shopping and dining mecca of Walt Disney World, offers some great free and budget-friendly activities. Here are my Top Disney Springs Holiday Things to Do.
Important Information Due to COVID-19: Certain parks, hotels, restaurants, and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity, and subject to limited availability or closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. See Disney World’s Know Before You Go Page for more information.
What to do at Disney Springs at Christmastime
Beginning Nov. 12, the “bah-humbug” hassle of holiday shopping becomes a joyful family celebration at Disney Springs. Like nowhere else, the holidays come to life at this one-of-a-kind retail, dining, and entertainment complex complete with sparkling holiday décor, unique gift-giving (and gift-getting) ideas, tantalizing treats, special entertainment and more.
Only at Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort can the entire family join together in the holiday shopping experience while also creating new family traditions and memories. There are more than 150 locations to explore. And around every corner, Disney Springs is wrapped and ready for the season with live performers, snow, themed stilt walkers and live music adding to the festive atmosphere.
1. The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll
To capture the spirit of the season, guests can stroll among an even bigger Christmas Tree Trail. Twenty elaborately decorated themed trees, including some inspired by “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” Each of the trees has a featured ornament which you can find at the Disney Christmas store.
First, pick up the Christmas Tree Stroll map from select Disney Springs shops and restaurants. Find each tree and use the provided stickers to mark your progress. Once your map is complete, bring it to one of the redemption locations for a special prize!
Christmas Tree Stroll Map Pickup and Redemption Locations:
- Amorette’s Patisserie
- The BOATHOUSE
- City Works Eatery & Pour House
- Under Armour Brand House
2. Visit with Santa
Santa Claus will visit Disney Springs at the Once Upon a Toy Store, where guests have the opportunity to wave hello and pose for a photo through Dec. 24 of this year. A virtual queue is available and Photopass Photographers are there to capture the moment.
3. Disney Springs Portrait Studio
If you have Disney’s Memory Maker then head on over to the Disney Springs Portrait Studio for some beautiful and festive Christmas pictures. The pictures would make perfect photo cards that you could make with Mixbook.
4. Experience Snow in Florida
Snow flurries are in the forecast in Town Center at Disney Springs! Throughout the evening, behold a magical snowfall that’s sure to add a touch of wonder to your visit.
5. Meet and Greet with the Coca-Cola Bear
This huggable eight-foot-tall brand ambassador is available for holiday photos on the second floor of The Coca-Cola Store. You can take the photo with your own phone or if you have bought Memory Maker then the pictures are included.
6. Holiday Snacking
All throughout Disney Springs, you will find delicious holiday-themed snacks and meals. Here are some of the snacks and goodies you will have a chance to grab!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Éclair with White Chocolate and Peppermint Mousse (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Santa Mickey Dome Cake (available Nov. 5-Dec 30)
- Holiday Mickey Mousse Mini Dome Cake (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Holiday Parfait – Bourbon white chocolate mousse, cranberry cherry panna cotta, maple chocolate ganache, and chocolate chiffon cake (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- NYE Petite Cake (available Dec. 31)
- Cherry Jubilee Bubble Waffle – Bubble waffle filled with scoops of vanilla ice cream, cherries jubilee fillings, and whipped cream (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Santa Hot Crêpe – Sweet crêpe filled with eggnog custard topped with chocolate sauce and whipped cream (available Nov. 26- Dec 30)
- Holiday Turkey Burger – Turkey patty, butternut squash risotto cake, bacon-cranberry jam, lettuce, and tomato (available Nov. 5-Dec. 1)
- “Oh Deer” Cookie Shake – Hazelnut liqueur, vanilla gelato, cinnamon beverage syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon, and sugar dusting with ginger deer garnish (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Snowman on the Beach Margarita – Silver tequila, key lime juice, crème de coconut, sweet and sour, graham cracker rim, chocolate pearls, and carrot sugar piece (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
The Daily Poutine
- Gobbler Poutine – Turkey, brown gravy, cranberry chutney, and cheese curds (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise (available Nov.12- Dec 30)
- Santa Mickey Piñata (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Gingerbread Ganache Square (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Peppermint Bark (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Chocolate Christmas Cottage (available Dec. 22- Dec 30)
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
- Venison Slider – Sliders with venison sausage patties, arugula, tomato, and cranberry aïoli on house made buns (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Fried Brussel Sprouts – Fried Brussel sprouts with bacon vinaigrette (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Holiday Lights Deviled Eggs – Colored deviled eggs with tobiko, and shrimp (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Ham and Brie Flatbread – Shaved ham and brie cheese, pomegranate seeds, granny smith apples, apple vinaigrette, and watercress (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Cookies and Milk – Assorted Christmas cookies and coquito (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Lump of Coal Dessert – Cookies and cream ganache “coal” (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Elf Elixir –Tequila, crème de menthe, and half & half with cookie crumb and holly leaf sugar garnishes (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Holiday Cosmopolitan – Traditional cosmopolitan with a shimmery twist garnished with red and white sugar and a candy cane (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Yule Mule – Gin, ginger beer, cranberry juice, and rosemary simple syrup with a holly leaf sugar garnish (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
Outdoor Carts and Kiosks
- Mistletoe – Coconut rum, melon liqueur, blue curaçao, orange juice, pineapple juice, and Sprite (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Fireside Cider – Cinnamon whiskey, vanilla vodka, white cranberry juice, grenadine, and Ginger Ale (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
- Merry Margarita – Tequila, ginger liqueur, cinnamon beverage syrup, white cranberry juice, sweet and sour, and grenadine (available Nov. 5- Dec 30)
7. DJs and Live Performers
Enjoy lively entertainment at Waterside Stage, where DJs will keep the tunes flowing throughout the day.
In the evening, be on the lookout for toy soldier stilt-walkers and snowflake skaters throughout Disney Springs.
If you are looking for a way to end your day with something special, take a bus to the Polynesian resort and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks on the beach.
Which Disney Spring Christmas Activity are you most looking forward to?