Do you want to celebrate a birthday at Disney World, maybe your own or your child’s birthday? Here are some tips for celebrating a birthday at Disney World. Walt Disney World can help you celebrate a birthday in the most magical way possible!
Tips for Celebrating Your Birthday at Disney World
Did you know you can celebrate your birthday at Disney even if it is not the specific date of your birthday? You can celebrate your birthday 6 months before or 6 months after your birthday!! So anytime you go to Disney you can celebrate your birthday.
1. Plan A Disney World Celebration Early
Plan your special day in advance. As many of us know planning a Disney World vacation can be quite the undertaking. If you need help planning your magical birthday celebration, I would love to help! Click here for a no-obligation consultation.
2. Get your Free I’m Celebrating Birthday Button
As soon as you enter the park, head to Guest Relations and pick up a free “Happy Birthday!” celebration button. The button lets everyone around you know that you are celebrating a birthday. Cast Members and guests will wish you a happy birthday all day long.
Friends and family can grab an “I’m Celebrating” button and put that they are celebrating your birthday.
Sometimes having the button can glean some extra attention from characters and cast members as well, though it is not guaranteed. In the past, I have gotten extra pins and/or an extra trade while pin trading, a rose at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and a special lei at the Polynesian.
3. Note on your Dining Reservations that you are Celebrating a Birthday!
Each place has its own special way of making your meal better, though it is not guaranteed. Also, remind the server once you get seated. Sometimes the information on the reservation doesn’t always get conveyed.
Need ideas for great places to dine at for a birthday celebration, here are my favorites:
Be sure to book these locations as soon as you can, if you miss out use MouseDining to get alerts for when a reservation opens. Visiting one of the popular Disney restaurants with characters will be sure to make your Disney World birthday magical. Tell the server about the birthday and you usually get a free birthday card previously signed by the characters.
- Topolino’s at Disney’s Riviera Resort *character dining during breakfast
- Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort *character dining
- Minnie’s Seasonal Dining at Hollywood Studios *character dining
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios
- Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom
- Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom
- Boathouse at Disney Springs
- T-Rex at Disney Springs
4. Buy a Happy Birthday Ears Hat or Headband.
These hats are super cute! The special ear hat can be found at The Chapeau at Magic Kingdom Park as well as other merchandise locations throughout the resort.
5. Spring for a Disney Made In-Room Celebration Package
They have packages and gift baskets for almost any budget. Check out the Disney Floral and Gifts website for more information.
You can also check out the Ear for Each Other Facebook group. The group consists of laid off and furloughed Disney Cast Members offering services like in-room princess makeovers, in room breakfasts, gift baskets, goodies, and more. You will find anything you can dream of with this amazing group of Cast Members.
6. Make your own Celebration Package
Save money by getting your loved ones a gift basket from home. Hide it in your luggage and say Tinker Bell delivered it. Items can be bought at home at the Dollar Tree, Target, and even the Disney Store to make a perfect celebration a royal one.
7. Set up a Surprise Birthday Phone Call
Tell the front desk Cast Member that you or someone in your party are celebrating a birthday, and ask them to set up a special birthday phone call from a Disney Character.
8. Book a Spa Day
Nothing makes me feel more like a princess than a day of pampering. Disney has a couple different spa options and you can get massages, pedicures, manicures, facials and more.
9. Book a Special Experience
Be sure to book these experiences early as they book up fast.
- Little ones may enjoy the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
- If you are looking for a more budget-friendly pampering treatment get your hair cut at the Harmony Barbershop, they can even give you Pixie Dust!
- Star Wars fans will enjoy building at Droid or lightsaber in Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios.
10. Celebrating a Grown Up Birthday at Disney World
Got someone celebrating a grown up birthday? Disney has a lot to offer for those celebrating that are not children. You could drink around the World Showcase, enjoy a night at Disney Springs, or spend an evening at the Boardwalk. Adult Star Wars fans would like drinks at Oga’s Cantina.
Have you ever celebrated a Disney at Walt Disney World? How did you celebrate? Let me know in the comments!