Enchanting experiences, characters, specialty treats, and spectacular entertainment make it the most wonderful time of the year to visit Walt Disney World. Here are the Holiday experiences at Disney World being offered in 2021.
Holiday Experiences at Disney World
From captivating décor and unique character experiences to delicious treats and magical moments, there is something for everyone during the holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort, starting Nov. 8. Some experiences are included with your park ticket, some are extra.
Build up excitement for your Disney Christmas vacation by watching these Disney Christmas movies during your vacation countdown.
Holiday Experiences at Hollywood Studios
Guests will experience a Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Nov. 8-Jan.6, with festive entertainment and exciting holiday touches around the park.
- Toy Story Land will feature special seasonal fun, such as holiday songs on Alien Swirling Saucers.
- Sunset Seasons Greetings returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as the Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel on Sunset Boulevard will twinkle once again with projection effects, magically transforming into a snowy corner of Arendelle, a Muppets gingerbread masterpiece, a Toy Story toy hotel, and a Dickensian village inspired by “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.” This holiday show will also alternate with the tower’s nightly transformation into a Beacon of Magic.
- Guests will also be able to enjoy “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration,” with its festive finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Santa Claus will bring some North Pole cheer to a motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Minnie Mouse is also returning to host her festive meal at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Minnie and her friends will be donning their holiday best – even Santa Goofy will be there!
Holiday Experiences at Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom is the prettiest park to see at Christmastime. Main Street U.S.A. is lined with garland, wreaths, and wonderful decorations.
Holidays are sure to be enchanting at Magic Kingdom Park, where quintessential decorations will return to Main Street, U.S.A. When the sun sets, special holiday projections will appear most nights on Cinderella Castle, alternating periodically with the castle’s transformation into a Beacon of Magic. What a great way to celebrate the holidays and the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!
Disney Very Merriest After Hours. A new special-ticketed event, will debut Nov. 8 before all the rest of the festive fun. It will be available on select nights through Dec. 21. The four hours of festivities will delight guests with “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks,” Disney characters throughout the park, holiday music, and décor, treats included and so much more! As with other Disney After Hours events, a limited number of tickets will be sold for this event. It’s held after regular park operating hours, with lower wait times and access to more than 20 select attractions.
Tickets will go on sale next month (August), with an early purchase window available to guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Holiday Experiences at Epcot
Joyous Yuletide traditions from across the globe are at the heart of the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays. From Nov. 26, 2021, through Dec. 30, 2021, merry-makers will be immersed in a vast world of holiday decorations and entertainment, themed merchandise, festive cuisine, and costumed storytellers in many of the 11 World Showcase nations.
- Special Holiday Kitchens sprinkled throughout World Showcase will serve up tasty treats inspired by treasured holiday recipes from across the globe.
- World Showcase pavilions will come alive with the sights and sounds of special entertainment celebrating each country’s holiday heritage.
- Holiday Cookie Stroll
- Epcot guests can quite literally do their holiday shopping around the world. The World Showcase pavilions are filled with favorite fragrances, jewelry, toys, stocking stuffers and more.
Holiday Experiences at Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom will introduce the biggest holiday season in its two-decade history, with festive new entertainment and holiday décor in every land. Daytime and nighttime, guests will experience the majesty of nature and holiday magic. Here is some of what’s in store:
- Festive Disney character flotillas sailing down Discovery River to the sounds of joyful songs of the season.
- A Christmas tree will tower over the park entrance. Decorated with traditional ornaments and hidden animals, the tree is a prelude to the holiday magic that awaits inside the park.
- Holiday Tree of Life Magic. The park’s centerpiece – The Tree of Life – becomes another Beacon of Magic most nights during the 50th anniversary celebration. During the holiday season there’s even more magic inspired by nature as the holiday edition of Tree of Life Awakenings also take place most nights.
Holiday Experiences at Disney Springs
Disney Springs will be the perfect destination for holiday shopping, dining, and entertainment, with the chance to experience holiday magic along the way.
- This year sees the return of the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll, with elaborately decorated, Disney-themed trees – some new and some inspired by “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
- A magical snowfall will add a touch of wonder for holiday shoppers in Town Center.
- Themed food and beverages; one of my favorite spots, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, will once again transform into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar, with delightful décor and a delicious limited-time menu filled with festive favorites.
Holiday Experiences at Disney World Resort Hotels
Resorts across Walt Disney World will be decked out for the holidays. Special offerings include:
- Select gingerbread displays will once again be part of our holiday season!
- In the lobbies of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, guests will take in the grandeur of massive Christmas trees.
- No holiday is complete without a special dining experience. Holiday menus that celebrate the season will be found at restaurants throughout Walt Disney World.